UPDATE: RSVPs for Contributor Day are sold out.
Contributor Day will be held on the Friday before WordCamp NYC (August 1st, 2014) from 12 to 6PM at the Kimmer Center at NYU, 60 Washington Square South.
We’re looking forward to having tons of great WordPress users in town for WordCamp New York. While we have such a large part of the WordPress community together in one place, let’s take advantage of it! Contributor Day is your opportunity to, well, contribute to the WordPress project.
Whether you are a user, designer, support specialist, developer, or writer, there’s a way for you to contribute:
- Test out new features and check for bugs in WordPress 4.0, which will be coming out at the end of August
- Write or update WordPress documentation
- Answer a support question in the forums and help other users who are new to WordPress
- If you’re a programmer, contribute to core*
* If you’re planning on helping out with WordPress core code (writing patches, testing bugs on trunk, etc), then you’ll need to get set up with a few things. To save time on the day, we strongly recommend that you set up WordPress locally on your laptop (and bring it!).
People who come to contributor day will be 100% focused on contributing or learning to contribute to core – although we have fun this is a working event. We will have sessions introducing the various contributor groups for absolute newcomers. If you have been looking for an opening to add your contribution to WordPress, this is a great opportunity!